MY – Manager – Core Business Operations - Life Sciences
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
Life Sciences organisations (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and drug distribution) are facing an evolving customer landscape, intensifying competition and pressures in both pipeline and portfolio pressures. Deloitte's Life Sciences team helps organisations refine their business models through innovative practices and improved processes.
You'll work alongside our clients to help them make decisions and implement solutions based on "Heart of the Business" strategy development to drive business value. You'll also assist in determining the requirements of clients' projects and programs by defining, analyzing, and managing requirements to help fulfill their needs. You will have the opportunity to exercise strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the chance to solve complex problems and communicate your findings. Finally, you will work independently and collaboratively in a team.
You'll support our clients in their transformation journey by:
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products.
- Assessing restructuring operating models, organizational structures, and business processes to streamline core operations' service delivery.
- Assist in proposal development, as requested.
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients.
As a Manager, you are expected to:
Your role as a leader
- Lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions.
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Mentor the junior team members.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
You are someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in a business, technology or finance discipline.
- Currently enrolled in a MBA program or have obtained the qualification with a well ranked institution.
- 6+ years of professional experience in a strategic or operations planning/consulting role in the Life Sciences industry.
- Experience leading business model design and implementation, with exposure to one or more of the following areas:
- Market access and pricing strategies in developed and emerging markets
- Commercial strategy including brand launch and lifecycle management, as well as sales force and multi-channel promotional strategies
- Market entry and go-to-market strategies
- Supply chain and operational strategies
- Commercial due diligence on acquisition targets
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client.
- Proven experience effectively prioritising workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
- Ability to be mindfully present and appreciate the humour of each moment.
Positions may be based in Malaysia
but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-175571-2020