MY - Senior Consultant - Actuarial & Insurance
Are you keen to experience the amazing Asian culture through living and working?
Are you keen to lead the hottest insurance topics?
Are you keen to have a unique, inspiring, dynamic and rewarding career experience working for leading global & regional (re)insurers? Work you will do
You will be based in Malaysia and delivering projects for leading insurers across Southeast Asia. You will be focusing on technical delivery of projects, managing small workstreams, review of work undertaken by juniors, and on-the-job coaching of junior team members.
Be at the forefront of exciting regulatory and business change:
- Deliver IFRS 17 projects in the Southeast region, typically for multi-national insurance groups
- Work in a multi-disciplined team with Finance and Technology experts, both from Client and Deloitte.
- Deliver IFRS 17 implementation tasks like interpretation of the standard, actuarial model design and modelling, re-design actuarial and finance close process, SME input into data and technology workstreams
Apart from IFRS 17, your work will include delivery of the other types of actuarial projects, ranging from valuation and pricing, merger & acquisitions and due diligence, actuarial audit support, wider insurance engagements, all with extensive client engagement opportunities. Whatyou need to have
- Qualified actuary or committed to obtaining fellowship qualification of an internationally recognized actuarial organization
- Relevant insurance and actuarial experience in life insurance market
- Large-scale implementation project experience is a strong plus
- Prophet modelling experience is a strong plus
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with great interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm to work and travel in the region
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-174872-2019