- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Manage end-to-end settlement processing for Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market products.
- Investigate GL Suspense and Nostro accounts imbalances
- Ensure control measures introduced to increase Settlement efficiency and accuracy are adhered to.
- Review and update DOIs for process and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Escalate any exceptions in terms of operational and settlement risks.
- Perform check and monitor KCSA and KCS on BAU processes.
- Report Key Risks on BAU processes.
- Report any suspicious trades in accordance to the Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
- Ensure audit and control issues are adhered to and provide resolutions to improve the control measurements.
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualification & Experience
- Degree, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in Ops
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Product Knowledge - Expert
- Product knowledge on Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements
- Process Management - Advanced
- Capacity Planning - Advanced
- Operations Risk Management - Advanced
- Precision/Accuracy - Advanced
- Customer Centric - Advanced
- Communication - Advanced
- Problem Resolution - Advanced
- Financial & Budgetary Management - Introductory
- People Management - Core
- Strategy Formulation & Implementation - Introductory
- Change Management - Introductory
- Stakeholder Management - Core
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.