Manager - Projects
Technology Architect Qualification
Bachelor's in engineering or equivalent Responsibility
: Project Planning & Setup
- Understand resource plan.
- Plan for knowledge enrichment, change management and quality management.
- Conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities.
- Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
- Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
- Share inputs in creation of project plan with Project Manager.
- Review hardware/software requirement plan.
- Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
- Customize project management system.
- Define standards and set Cognizant 20.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis
- Provide all support required during presales activities.
- Understand the requirements from clients/ functional consultants.
- Participate in client calls and seek clarifications.
- Create a requirements traceability matrix.
- Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios.
- Perform requirements feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
- Understand various functional and non functional requirements.
- Break down the requirements into smaller modules.
- Provide inputs for categorizing critical and noncritical requirements.
- Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
- Review and approve system architecture design.
- Analyze allocated task and understand BRD, low level and high level design.
- Allocate modules to developers for coding.
- Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
- Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development.
- Prepare for incremental code creation and unit testing.
- Oversee development process and update Project Manager on development progress.
- Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the project and share with client/Project Manager.
- Ensure all system builds are prepared on time.
- Review test cases written by team Provide support for development of integration test cases as required.
- Include positive and negative test cases to check functionality.
- Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution.
- Review, analyze and validate results.
- Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
Project Closure Activities
- Attend QA audits as and when required.
- Create strategy for roll back.
- Conduct dry run on pilots.
- Monitor the processes are being followed.
- Document changes in the system.
- Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
- Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed.
- Post final acceptance, conduct all closure schedules.
- Provide support in creation of a final project report.
- Conduct handover to AVM team.
Service Support & Maintenance
- Monitor all system/security administration activities and ensure all audit requirements are met.
- Review incident/problem/change management plan created by team.
- Track issue/problem resolution.
- Define communication and issue resolution matrix.
- Drive and implement best practices for resolution of issues.
- Liaise with business users/SMEs to resolve issues if required.
- Review patch fixes created to prevent recurrence of complex problems.
- Guide team members in the course of incident/ problem management.
- Conduct change impact assessment.
- Share change records with relevant stakeholders.
- Create and update knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
- Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project.
- Create knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions.
- Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.
- Maintain knowledge management database.
- Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
- Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product and domain skills on projects.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews with candidates and support recruitment process.
- Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
- Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns.
- Conduct performance appraisal for team members.
Must Have Skills
- Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.