Manager - Tax Technical, Training & Research
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
General Tax Consulting Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You'll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Analyse developments and changes to tax laws and impact
- Draft internal and external technical communications and newsletters
- Draft thought leadership articles and update PwC publications
- Provide technical support & research
- Attend to enquiries on technical issues from the tax practice
- Assist with preparation for internal technical forums and discussions
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Additional application instructions
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or professional accounting/taxation qualification
- A minimum of 6 years of Tax related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date