Manager - Technology Strategy and Transformation (Japan Collaboration) - MY
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. Work you will do
We are seeking exceptional, highly skilled individuals to join Japanese Client Services / Japan SEA Collaboration as full time Manager.
Recognizing the strong momentum of investment by Japanese companies' in ASEAN, our Consulting groups in Southeast Asia and Japan launched a collaboration in 2012 to provide a wide range of business consulting services for over 100 Japanese clients across the region, including some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world.
In response to the expansion of Japanese businesses in Southeast Asia, there have been numerous collaboration initiatives between Deloitte Southeast Asia and Japan since 2012. Now there are over 100 consultants of diverse nationalities across the ASEAN region focusing on Japanese clients. We also have a joint training program for new consultants, and through the engagements with multinationals and ASEAN companies, we are able to build their capabilities and experience and provide our people with meaningful experiences, and a unique career path.
This role sits within the Technology Strategy and Transformation (TS&T) team of Deloitte Southeast Asia, which encompasses IT Strategy and Transformation. As a leader of this group, you will drive the growth of our TS&T business in the region and be responsible for the creation, sale and delivery of TS&T solutions: IT Strategy, Application & Systems Development, IT Business Transformation, etc.
As a Manager in our Consulting team you'll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- You will help our clients solve their most critical information and technological challenges by providing oversight and directing project teams in research efforts and analytics to develop and deliver innovative technology-enabled solutions.
- You will oversee and provide directions to the project teams in undertaking IT assessments, critically examine alignment of technology elements against key business priorities, develop recommendations and advise on appropriate strategies, governance, architecture, and innovations to optimize the configuration of clients' operations.
- You will work closely with mid- to senior-level stakeholders to provide status updates and progress reports on project deliverables. You will lead the delivery of workshops with the client, as well as provide subject matter expertise in addressing issues that may be raised during key presentations.
- You will be a trusted advisor to the senior IT leadership team or business sponsor and leverage your technical abilities to influence and shape key decisions and/or thought processes of the clients.
- You will set up, manage and track project economics in accordance to the approved pricing parameters.
- You will take responsibility for managing the project teams and will be accountable for all work products developed by the project teams.
- You will take responsibility for management of project teams and will mentor team members to help them in their career progression.
- You will be a trusted advisor to our clients and will work closely with them in shaping major IT transformation programmes and identify business opportunities ahead of the curve. You will drive the development of proposals, presentations and publications in response to market demands
In leading teams to deliver impact to clients through the project, you will:
Your role as a leader
- Employ a business-oriented mindset and use data-driven solutions to drive transformation agenda and achieve results
- Leverage expertise in a functional domain to enable client's strategic agenda
- Consider opportunities and threats related to end-user adoption when developing recommendations
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction by establishing a positive relationship with a senior stakeholders.
- Influence teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
If you are someone with:
- A good honors Degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Information Technology, Business Information Systems, Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Manager will require a minimum of 8 years of experience in IT management consulting.
- Experienced in both advisory as well as implementation experience in the following areas:
- IT Strategy : IT strategy development, IT governance, IT operating model, enterprise architecture
- IT Transformation : IT sourcing advisory, program and project management advisory
- IT Operations : IT service management, IT shared service management
- IT Optimization : IT cost reduction, IT Merger & Acquisition
- Understanding of current IT trends (cloud computing, big data, social media, RPA, IoT, blockchain, etc.) would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and be able to work in stressful situations with changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented
- Proven demonstration of sound business acumen, teamwork and leadership qualities.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- Proficiency in the Japanese language (Business Level) due to regional project requirements.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.