Manager, Finance System
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Manager, Finance System
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance aims to provide HSBC with a professional, effective and responsive finance service that operates at optimal cost and employs a common and transparent global model.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Manager Finance System.
HSBC Universal Banking (HUB) is the primary commercial banking system platform of the Group and is installed in 60 countries and territories processing 764 million transactions per annum across 10 million active customer accounts around the world. The HUB Finance team based in Hong Kong performs a Group role to develop and implement HUB system solutions for finance functions across the Group and also to provide support functions to Asia, Europe, Middle East and the Americas. The Job Holder is expected to develop and maintain close working relationships with the Customer Groups, finance representatives from sites, operational representatives, IT and all other parties involved in the projects across the HUB world. The job holder is required to communicate with all levels of staff from different cultural backgrounds and is expected to work relatively independently.
The job holder is based in Malaysia, have a direct reporting line to the functional manager based in Hong Kong, providing HUB Finance subject matter expert (SME) support to the users and support project team on group finance system for the region / group.
Impact on the Business
- To develop solutions in (HUB) system to meet the finance business requirements across the Group in a cost efficient manner which includes gathering user requirements, designing, testing, documenting and leading the conversion and implementation process of the pilot release complying with Group standards.
Customers / Stakeholders
- To work closely with Finance teams worldwide and Group Finance Centers (GFCs) in both Gurgaon and Krakow to provide HUB Finance SME support and to ensure that FIN HUB is managed in a consistent manner. This role includes assisting sites with complex user queries and ensuring proposed fixes are in line with group guidelines, supporting sites with GL interface projects deployments, assisting sites to rectify complex Finance HUB related exceptions and other general Finance HUB support on business initiatives, local initiatives and HUB Finance controls.
- To provide guidance to regions to help maximize system capabilities and enhance Finance HUB knowledge through various initiatives such as providing Finance HUB training.
- This role will require the jobholder to work with Regional Accounting policy, Regional IT teams, Change Delivery, sites Finance and sites IT teams and Regional / sites Financial Controls team.
- Adopting a collaborative approach to working with other teams and organisations, both on and off-shore. Working well with staff from other functions and other countries
- Promote an environment of inclusion, diversity, collaboration and trust within the Group.
- Promote the value of challenging the status quo, seeking to improve ways of working and having a forward-thinking mind-set, in line with the Group's Values and Strategies.
- Ensuring the delivery of documentation and output to a high professional standard.
- Ensuring suitable control mechanisms are utilised and introduced whenever appropriate into both system and process design.
- To develop capabilities in both GFC teams and site Finance team on Finance HUB aspects.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behavior.
- Ensure data quality issues identified during the requirements gathering, analysis and design stages are formally assessed and managed to ensure Finance end state vision and associated benefits are realized.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in Finance or HUB IT related functions in a HUB site
- Knowledge of HUB especially the Finance HUB modules such as HUB IAS, GL/ IE functions.
- Knowledge of other Banking and FIN systems such as TREATS, HMI, and REMIND would be an advantage.
- Proficiency and previous experience in Project Management.
- Willingness to travel overseas and to be placed on Short Term Attachments in a HUB site if required.