Manager, Financial Risk Management
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
This role aims to support the manager in providing PAMB's Management Team with the required Risk knowledge/updates necessary for making better and well-informed strategic/business decisions under such challenging market conditions.ar-qualified Actuary is preferred).
•Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in Actuarial.
•Good interpersonal skill.
•Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
•Proactive, strong analytical, good with presentation and report writing.
•Meticulous with the ability to work under pressure.
•Versatile PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership
- Lead the team and coordination of FRM initiatives within the Company, through proactive engagement with the Risk Coordinators.
- Work with stakeholders to continually identify opportunities to build, enhance and further optimise the existing risk management system in supporting the overall company's strategies.
- Continuously review processes, identifies and resolves service gaps through constructive feedback, and implements process improvements where appropriate.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensuring good governance and compliance with the Group, Regional, local and regulatory Risk Framework.
- Development and maintenance of Risk Management related tools, policy and guidelines.
- Assist and support other divisions on risk related matters. Ensure sufficient depth of risk analysis and develop mechanisms for the tracking of the risk identified.
- Work with stakeholders to continually identify opportunities to build, enhance and further optimize the existing risk management system in supporting the overall company's strategies.
Awareness and Culture
- Timely review and submission of reports to Senior Management and Regional Risk function.
- Ensure the organization's risk exposure is within risk appetite.
- Continuously review processes and ensure corrective and preventive actions are instituted.
- Keeping abreast with industry and financial market to identify emerging risk.
- Support Risk Awareness initiatives to all staff to create company-wide awareness.
- Holder of graduate degree from a reputable institution (preferably majoring in Risk Management, Actuarial or other related disciplines).
- An Actuary (near-qualified Actuary is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in Actuarial.
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Proactive, strong analytical, good with presentation and report writing.
- Meticulous with the ability to work under pressure.