Manager, Internal Audit
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To assist the Head of Audits to deliver the audit plan established in conjunction with relevant members of Group Internal Audit function; to automate audit tests using computer aided tool(s) that support continuous control testing. If needed, audit coverage will be extended to business units within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established GIA standards and timelines.
- To come out with innovative ideas helping the function transforming to a high-performance culture and deliver smarter auditing through data analytics. Assist HoA by applying data analytics skills to allow inclusion of wider population of data testing using computer aided techniques.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group.
- Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members through written evaluations.
- Build up and expand Financial Markets product knowledge, e.g. FX, Commodities, Rates, Debt Capital Markets etc. Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members. Assist HoA to build local specialism within the country audit teams.
- Business practitioners with data analytics skills.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
- Demonstrates ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analysing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit, trade finance etc.) where appropriate.
- Professional audit certification encouraged.
- Ability to commit to ~ 10 to 15% business travel.
- Ability to perform role of "Change Leader".
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .