At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
To assist in key investment functions in particular strategic investment management, investment oversight and governance. Principal Duties & Responsibilities: 1. Strategic Investment Management
2. Investment Oversight
- Assist in forming overall market outlook to recommend tactical asset allocation strategy including duration strategy. This also involves periodic market commentary and recommendation of Investment Funds for different customers risk appetite.
- Work closely with stakeholders to influence optimization of Strategic Asset Allocation and Tactical Asset Allocation for Life Funds and ILPs.
- Assist in on-going investment management activities (fund performance, investment compliance, risk and control) and fund operations of Asset Managers.
- Assist in the review of investment strategy and investment mandates to support and optimize investment performance for Life Funds.
- Assist in conducting feasibility study of investment properties and alternative assets.
- To perform treasury and investment trade instructions, including fund subscriptions and redemptions, foreign exchange conversions and money market placements.
- Assist in development and maintenance of relevant quantitative infrastructures and database to support treasury and investment operations and management.
3. Performance Reporting
- To assist in conducting due diligence and fund strategy analysis on proposed new investment funds or Asset Managers for recommendation as potential investment solutions.
- Conduct periodic or annual due diligence (including operations and service delivery) of Asset Managers (including operations and service delivery).
- Rigorous monitoring and understanding of the investment strategy and conduct periodic timely fund performance review of all existing investment funds.
- To assist in drafting recommended actions to be taken to address any performance issues and ensure investment strategy meets the investment objective.
4. Investment Governance
- Responsible for the preparation of fund related performance reports which includes fund fact sheets and fund performance slides for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in monitoring and understanding of the investment strategy and performance of existing investment funds.
- Ad-hoc investment related reports preparation.
- To assist in ensuring proper governance of investment process and submission of proposals /reporting to IC, ALCO and Board.
- Periodic review and enhancement of investment functions and investment processes to ensure compliance with IC Terms of Reference and regulatory requirements.
- Assist to oversee and ensure all investment agreements with Fund providers and Financial Counterparties are comprehensive, encompassing, clear and aligned with PAMB's interest.
- Degree related to finance or investment and/or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, CPA, ACCA and/or PKMC).
- At least 5 years of investment experience gained in an investment management or insurance organization.
- Experience in Asset Allocation setting, Funds or Asset Manager selection and or product development for life insurance or asset management would be an added advantage.
- Broad investment experience in a range of asset classes or across different markets, whether directly or indirectly, and candidates who have worked in a licensed environment are preferred.
- Engage stakeholders in a timely manner to canvas support; influencing and steering diverse stakeholders towards a common direction.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, including flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic environment.
- Possess quantitative analysis skills, effective communication and presentation skill s .
- Possess strong work ethics, integrity and a positive attitude.