Manager, Policy, Credit Planning & Strategy (Secured & Unsecured Lending)
*For internal staff please apply internal transfer via HRMS (https://myhrms.hlbank.my) with the information below: JR number: Refer to the above Job Number next to position tittle Location Code: MYMHL10000 Department Code: MY10006371 Designation Code: MPCPS
Management of the credit risk for the PFS Secured & Unsecured Lending portfolio by:
- Establish/ streamline underwriting guidelines of policy criteria
- Perform portfolio analysis to identify and mitigate risk
- Perform portfolio management & monitoring of target, capping, test programs, deviation and asset quality
- Update Board, Management and Standard Operating Procedures ("SOP")
- Engage relevant stakeholders to ensure approved credit strategies are implemented
- Manage risk management related projects
- Establish / streamline and enhance underwriting guidelines of policy criteria / new secured & unsecured products or test / programs for secured & unsecured products, ensure the guidelines are understood and executed correctly with the objective of improving portfolio quality, strategically in line with risk management, business goals and compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Issue new / review existing credit policy via memorandums / Board related papers and presentation to Credit Committees on proposed changes / new policies.
- Oversee the update of the secured & unsecured loan products' policy handbooks.
- Review & underwrite deviation applications within policy guidelines; to exercise with credit discretionary judgment.
- Manage risk management-related projects by engaging the relevant parties and define the requirements and business rules for more effective risk & credit management purpose.
- Monitor and manage tracking plans for secured & unsecured products to determine steps in addressing risks monitoring and ensure specific programs are within the required capping.
- To establish and analyse the required portfolio to identify and mitigate risk of the respective programs.
- To ascertain the acquiring MIS to analyse the booking and performance trends of the portfolio.
- To establish MIS required to draft credit policy accordingly whilst mitigating portfolio credit risk
- To monitor performance of secured & unsecured portfolios campaigns and highlight any adverseness.
- Represent Policy, Credit Planning & Strategy in portfolio management activities with stakeholders such as Business, CED, Collections, BIAU, GRMD and other business units, where relevant.
- Supporting ad-hoc tasks assigned from time to time.
- Ensure transparency through active communication and engagement within the team.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams to solve problems and achieve performance improvements within own portfolio.
- To provide feedback and suggestion for process improvement
- Monitoring staff performance and development
- Create a conducive working environment amongst team members
- Handling of BNM/ External Audits' requests.
- Ensure reports data accuracy
Qualification & Requirements
- To compliance with all guidelines/policies
- Bachelor's Degree/MBA/Professional credit certification
- Min 5 years of consumer banking credit admin and risk experience.
- Strong project management experience
- Portfolio analytical skills