Microstrategy System Administrator
About the Role
Solid, quality oriented professional who is willing to work in a large, international and dynamic environment. A team player ready to take responsibilities to administer multiple landscapes of MicroStrategy applications and databases on Redhat Linux. The candidate will also participate in multiple projects where the analysts define the functional requirements. The MicroStrategy System Administrator will propose and setup the technical solution to fulfill requirements in MicroStrategy with SAP HANA as backend. Responsibilities
- Perform and control day-to-day system administration/management activities that may include initial set-up, configuration, testing of hardware or software platforms and/or customization to maintenance and upgrade projects for MicroStrategy.
- Handle incident, change and problem management in MicroStrategy by investigating and devising solutions for systems/operations. May include installations, new set-ups, error message analysis, system/application status or monitor, testing solutions and following operational procedures in accordance with the service level agreement.
- Take ownership of security and confidentiality of the MicroStrategy application in close collaboration with the user management team, by adopting the general security baselines defined for the company
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing monitoring, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving complex problems.
- Review complex problem situations and identify preventive measures / improvements to processes and procedures for MicroStrategy in order to implement these as required.
- Participate in projects/enhancements for MicroStrategy by representing your department and providing technical advice/solutions ensuring adherence to documented processes and procedures and risk mitigation efforts.
- Eager to learn new technologies and willing to participate in an on-call schedule
- University degree in IT / Engineering or equivalent experience
- Microstrategy administrator certified will be added advantage
- 3+ years MicroStrategy and Linux experience
- Good understanding of Database Concepts in area of SAP HANA DB will be an asset
- Professional and technical sound person with hands on expertise
- Good hands on with Linux sysadmin skills and preferably exposure to tomcat and/or apache
- Good knowledge of IP network concepts and Webservers
- Good scripting experience on OS level
- Good knowledge of Incident and Change Management processes, tools and reporting (e.g. ServiceNow, SalesForce)
- ITIL process awareness with Agile methodology understanding will be an asset
- Flexible team player able to work in a process/procedure driven organisation
- Customer orientation and Continuous Improvement mindset person.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with adequate level of autonomy