- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Monitoring Manager.
- Operates in a rapidly changing and complex regulatory and business environment;
- To understand the activities of HSBC Bank Malaysia (HBMY) and the Group companies and the technical and commercial implications, in order to assess the level of compliance with internal and external regulations and also to form judgments on materiality and significance and advice competently on significant regulatory issues identified via reviews;
- To have a thorough understanding of the objectives of all relevant internal and external regulations, to keep updated on regulatory and other requirements, and to balance the requirements with the business demands in the midst of an increasingly competitive industry;
- Given the diverse and multiple business and product areas and the continuously evolving delivery channels and regulatory environment, the jobholder needs to have the thinking and organizational abilities to absorb and process varied and complex information and to proactively anticipate and identify new issues which may arise, so as to advise Senior Management in a timely and relevant fashion with appropriate and workable recommendations;
- The jobholder is given considerable autonomy and must be able to work independently. The jobholder must therefore have sound thinking and analytical capabilities, an ability to develop practical, effective and innovative solutions and implement them quickly, and must be decisive in discharging their accountabilities based on sound reasoning, possibly in the face of opposition or conflict;
- The jobholder must maintain sufficient independence and be of sufficient seniority and authority to be able to perform the duties objectively and without hindrance. An objective approach is also essential, so as to exercise judgment, express opinions and present recommendations with impartiality.
- At least 5 years experience within a Compliance function in a large/ international regulated financial services provider in addition to other working experience
- At least 5 years experience within an Audit/ Internal Control function
- Self-starter, independent with good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with senior management, Group and regional Compliance functions, Group executives, and help the ACO implement change initiatives in the function
- Management and leadership skills
- Strong ability to prioritise and strategise/ plan
- Lateral thinking and problem solving/ analytical capabilities.