- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 15 Feb 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are now looking for network engineers in to our global network operations - 24x7 support team.
The Role Responsibilities
1. Infrastructure Monitoring and First level technical operations of the Network Infrastructure - WAN, LAN & Security Infrastructure.
2. Participation of Network related major incidents and Critical Migrations.
3. Key engagement with regional and global network teams, security teams, wider technology support team and management, application/business support, external service providers.
4. Contribute excellence in Incident / Problem / Change Management of SCB Global Network & Security Infrastructure
5. Contribute and Participate Critical Incident calls that involve complex multi-component, multi-platform issues together with peer Infrastructure teams like OS Platforms, Middleware, DB, and Application support
6. Ensure end-to-end root cause analysis and trend reporting for production issues is carried out in a way that meets business and technology requirements
7. Network Monitoring reporting, event management and coordination.
8. Participate relevant end-to-end service improvement initiatives to address risk mitigation and service stability.
9. Ensure accurate and regularly updated information related to network physical inventory, logical inventory, network diagram, network traffic flow, technical troubleshooting documents and operational process documents.
10. Demonstrates continuous effort for identifying problematic areas and report in to next level for permanent fixes.
11. Escalate incidents to Level II when appropriate and keep management updated about the situation proactively.
12. Assist in implementing Global Projects, owning the processes and documentation when requested.
13. Work on accountable ticketing console not through any non-accountable systems or process.
14. Meeting and exceeding defined service level metrics on timeliness and accuracy.
15. Work as a global team to manage the operations of multiple customers with multiple shift operations.
16. Focus on maximizing customer experience while optimizing costs
17. Contribute to the development of short and long term strategic network improvement goals.
18. Basic ITIL knowledge is mandatory.
Our Ideal Candidate
1. Graduate degree/Diploma in a technical discipline with professional certifications.
2. Around 6 to 10 years of hands-on working knowledge in Network WAN/LAN and Operational experience in a global MNC environment with ISP management background.
3. Ability to manage diverse stakeholder expectations.
4. First level network technical & analytical skills, with experience in monitoring, event management and network performance monitoring is necessary.
5. Excellent oral/written communication skills for articulating thoughts clearly with stakeholders ranging from engineers to senior business management and external parties.
6. Industry certifications - CCNA Equivalent is necessary.
Following Skills are highly desired at deep technical level:
§ Switching / Routing (WAN & LAN) - Cisco and Juniper (Mandatory).
§ Leased line technologies, DWDM and Other WAN link/Circuit troubleshooting experience (Mandatory)
§ Security Platforms - Juniper SRX, Netscreen, Cisco ASA Firewalls, VPN Gateways (Preferred)
§ Proxies, Wireless products, etc (Mandatory)
§ IP Services like DNS, DHCP, IPAM, AAA Platforms (Optional)
§ Experience in working with ISPs and Banking Environment.
§ Must have good time management skills and excellent customer focus.
§ Ability to work and communicate with external vendors, Providers and multiple groups within the company.
§ Good interpersonal skills.
§ Cultural sensitivity - allowing understanding of how business expectations differ in different cultural environments.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.