- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Delivery & Efficiency
- Point of contact / escalation for external clients for professional advice, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors
- Ensure the provision of the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, so as to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery
- Engage in managing the resources within the team to meet and exceed service standards
- Monitor the performance of Hub processing centre in accordance with the agreed service standards on a regular basis. Maintain regular discussion with Hub process centre on service review and improvement opportunities.
- Provide support and recommendations to Hub processing centre to ensure timely resolution in case handling
- Work with internal stakeholders for service requirements, enquiries, and instructions.
- Continuously review/monitor workflow and strive for efficiencies in time, costs and service levels.
- Be the voice of customer (VOC) for FMO in-country - work with Local team to build local momentum and culture, staff engagement and communication activities
- Ensure a holistic service quality management process that includes service reviews, VOC analysis , call quality assessment, call data (enquiries, complaints, feedback) analysis, errors, complaints and other service failures, metrics and service culture
- Prepare, analyse and obtain MIS/feedback on all key service standards and to constructively improve in all areas e.g. resolution time, call abandon rates, etc.
- Engage in service reviews / visit with pre-agreed/key clients. Review service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service level standards.
- Leverage on the VOC process to understand clients' needs and identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilisation and optimising channel usage.
- Ensure an effective service recovery process which includes complaint/VOC logging and handling is in place and appropriate empowerment is given to staff to act quickly when necessary
- On a selective basis, assist in accompanying Wholesale Bank RMs/Sales in the region on sales calls to sell our service capabilities and/or to resolve clients' operational and service issues.
Risk & Control
- Ensure client identification is adhered to where required by all staff and the necessary step is incorporated into the relevant process flows.
- Ensure all activities are well documented through process flows with process timings.
- Ensure all process risk steps are performed by the team and KCSA requirements are observed.
- Ensure that all control reconciliation activities are conducted in a timely and accurate manner
- Engage in analysing risk data and risk reports. Where necessary, mitigate and/or escalate to appropriate parties.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
- Full compliance with applicable local laws and regulations, Country AML policy, the Group Code of Conduct and other internal guidelines
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment where staffs at all levels seek achievement through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Engage in planning, deployment, training, appraisals, and all other personnel matters relating to staff in FMOCC team.
- Projects & Managerial Responsibilities
- Engage in launching and implementing new cross-functional products and services and to maintain/service existing products to meet and exceed the customer expectations
- Engage in planning and implementing service improvement initiatives in client service centre based on metrics, complaints and VoC. Transfer best practice to other client service centres.
- Engage in making proactive calls on pre-agreed clients to improve the operational services and support, and to identify opportunities for improvements and referrals to the right operational functions.
- Review new business requirements to implement necessary procedures
- Maintain a professional SCB image through all interactions with clients
- Drive team engagement and cross-function support to enhance synergies
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualification & Experience
- Degree or Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in banking operation.
- BPAT on 60% and above
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Product Knowledge - Advance
- Product knowledge on Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements
- Process Management - Advanced
- Capacity Planning - Core
- Operations Risk Management - Core
- Precision/Accuracy - Introductory
- Customer Centric - Introductory
- Communication - Introductory
- Problem Resolution - Introductory
- Financial & Budgetary Management - Introductory
- People Management - Introductory
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.