PMO - Retail Banking
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 19 Sep 17
Governance of all Retail Banking Investments and Projects. Management of Investment and Project approval processes. Enforce compliance to Project Policy and ensure adherence to Group Project Management Guidelines.
• Ensure all projects are planned, and scheduled within the overall project portfolio plan
• Maintain the portfolio report for the Retail Banking projects and track all projects on a monthly basis on time, cost and benefits.
• Drive for standardization in project management processes and tools
• Partner with Finance to maintain rigorous cost and investment discipline.
• Closely monitor High Operational Risk Projects and adhere to the OR policy on project management
• Closely monitor in-flight strategic projects and report key risks, issues and mitigating actions. Ensure appropriate escalation and management attention.
• Govern the portfolio of projects with a focus on high risk projects.
• Maintain the framework for Retail Project Governance and ensure a structure is in place in terms of governing projects with formal approving authorities.
• Publish materials for the RBPRC (Project Review Committee) and ensure quality and discipline in projects updates (approval, tracking, update and change management).
• Publish the Retail Banking Projects Portfolio Report to senior stakeholders
• Monitor and maintain the portfolio within approved budget and resource boundaries. Reprioritise projects within the approved budget and resource boundaries
• Enforce compliance to policy and project management guidelines
• Monitor project RAG status of projects and update the Project Review committee on a monthly basis
• Set up projects for success by advising the most appropriate approach for investments depending on the nature of the project.( SDLC, Branch initiatives, Tech upgrades etc)
• Set up and maintain the Retail Banking Investments and Projects SharePoint.
• Set up and maintain the Retail Banking Investments and Projects on the Clarity system.
• Review and vet benefits plans of projects to ensure tracking of benefits both on systems and KPIs is done as required.
• Support project related change management activities
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
-Excellent communication and presentation skills: PowerPoint, Excel, written & oral.
-Strong financial management capabilities: budget tracking, planning, forecast and variance explanations
-Diligent and detail-orientated. Understand the MT/LT work demands and the variable working hours this may require.
-Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders at both junior and senior levels of the bank.
-Sound knowledge of risk governance frameworks & processes
-Possess strong analytical/critical-thinking skills. Focused, organised and results-oriented.
-Tools: Experience with Microsoft suite and Clarity