- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Payroll Analyst to join the team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role performs all payroll duties including processing, validating payroll data before submission to payroll provider, reviewing and auditing of output reports, pay slips, final reports etc. This role also responds to general inquiries related to company and payroll related matters. The Payroll Analyst will assist in creating and updating procedural payroll changes including implementation and testing of new processes and systems and also serves as a contact for employees and other customers for the payrolls assigned.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Analyze, audit and validate HR statuses for hires, terminations, transfers and the multiple other pay and deduction components before submitting to the various payroll vendors in the required format for processing
- Process secondary payroll functions (i.e. calculating final payroll, process stop payments, balances and wiring 3rd party payments, manage employee share investment program, etc)
- Audit and review output of vendor produced payrolls for accuracy
- Prepare the various pre-authorization documents for review to the Senior Specialist and submission to Lead Payroll Specialist/ Payroll Manager
- Year-end audit and tax preparation and reporting
- Assist in administration of shadow payroll for international assignees
- Prepare journal entries for accounting
- Work closely with the accounting team to assist with variance queries, balance sheet reconciliation and other queries where necessary
- Record and reconcile employee deductions such as Employee Stock Investment Plan Contributions for bi-annual purchases, etc
- Identify and resolve payroll inquiries from internal and external customers; escalating to the Lead Payroll Specialist and Payroll Manager where necessary
- Backup for other payroll team members as and when required
- Track and review absence records such as sickness, holidays; calculate overtime, sickness, holidays payments; preparing and reviewing the accruals
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects as directed by the Lead Payroll Specialist and Payroll Manager (e.g. setting up a new location/business unit, procedural changes and documentation)
- Assist in special projects requiring full evaluation and research of historical data
- Create procedures and assist in the testing and evaluation of new operating procedures and payroll system
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- A Diploma or Bachelor's degree (preferably in Accounting or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years of payroll experience in complex organizations especially with International locations and multi-sites
- A recognized Payroll Qualification would be advantageous
- Up to date knowledge of statutory legislation in home country
- Good knowledge and experience and exposure to various payroll software packages (associated software awareness such as Accounting and HR would be advantageous)
- Experience in a broad range of payroll matters with experience of controlling or assisting to control payrolls and working with external payroll providers
- Experience in journal creation, analysis and reconciliation of payroll accounts
- Ability to carry out day-to-day responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, analytical, reasoning and reconciliation skills required
- Ability to solve problems of moderate scope and complexity by following established policies and procedures and also to contribute suggestions and solutions to complex issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure solutions are consistent with department and organization objectives
- Excellent customer service and use of own initiative
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (specifically Microsoft Word, and Outlook) required with intermediate skills on Excel
- Fluent English (additional languages would be advantageous)
- Travel may be required
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.