- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
IHS Markit's Center for Forecasting and Modelling is seeking a Principal Economist with extensive experience in econometric modelling and knowledge of cutting-edge techniques in macroeconometrics and forecasting. The selected individual will contribute to the maintenance and development of state-of-the art global economic models, preparing and running scenarios and providing assistance to users of the model. The Center's role is to put the best of current economic thinking to work in helping our customers make critical business decisions.
- Work as part of a team of fellow professionals to regularly update a global macro-industry model.
- Use the model in regular forecasting exercises (data &forecast updates, etc.).
- Design and run alternative scenarios with the model, for corporate and financial sector customers.
- Contribute to the development of additional modules as required, linking the model to other forecasting tools used at IHS or to other models used in-house by our customers.
- Provide training and modelling support to users, both internal and external.
- Write special reports and prepare presentations commenting the results of scenario analyses.
- Collaborate with other Senior Members of the Center for Forecasting and Modelling Center to enhance operational efficiency of the forecast process.
- Master's degree in Economics, with at least two of the following areas: Macroeconomics, International Economics, and/or Econometrics as applied to macroeconomic problems. A PhD would be a plus.
- Extensive experience in applied econometrics and modelling.
- Extremely comfortable with quantitative analysis and advanced forecasting tools, and proven competence in handling international economic data.
- Good understanding of models used in the financial sector.
- Ability to program in EViews and knowledge of other programs such as R.
- Excellent oral communication and an interest in communicating cutting-edge economic ideas to a non-professional audience.
- Excellent writing skills (in English).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.