Professional Services Intern
DESCRIPTION *The duration for this internship opportunity is from May to August 2021
**Applicants to this internship opportunity will need to have the work authorization for Malaysia.
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Internship program with Professional Services. This is a unique opportunity for driven self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes when using the AWS Cloud. We work together with customers and partners to execute enterprise cloud computing initiatives. We also deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, White Papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone.
As Professional Services Consultants, we have an affinity for the new and unknown, and experiment with innovative technologies including Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things. In this intern role, you will gain experience for working alongside with other Professional Services Consultants to understand business outcomes, and work backwards to design and build the AWS cloud based solutions (under supervision) to enable those outcomes. You will build solutions, produce, and curate best practices technical content, and communicate the AWS advantage.
At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. Professional Services Consultants:
• Have an affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
• Enjoy learning about Cloud Computing by curating technical content, writing technical proposals to sell solutions and building the solutions. You will have a passion for working alongside with other Professional Services Consultants to understand business outcomes, and work backwards to curate technical content and best practices, design AWS cloud technologies (under supervision) to enable those business outcomes, communicate and sell the AWS advantage, and do hands on keyboard work to build the proposed solutions.
• Enjoy working with customers or internal AWS users of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for learning, designing, building solutions and enabling them. Be good at communicating, giving clear and concise messages to complex situation and a passion to learn on the job while doing.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar
• Graduating from Dec 2021 onwards
• Must be able to legally work in Malaysia
• Able to commit to a full-time internship from May to Aug 2021
• Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++
• Experience with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work
• Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
• Experience with systems administration (Linux/Windows) or network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
• Passion for experiencing new technologies, cultures, and locations around the world