Regulatory Compliance Manager, Commercial Banking
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Regulatory Compliance Manager, Commercial Banking
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Regulatory Compliance (RC) Manager (Commercial Banking).
- To provide support to the Senior RC Manager, CMB in the containment of compliance risks in CMB, GTRF and PCM. This includes ensuring proactive approach is taken for the identification of Regulatory Compliance risk change and potential impacts on CMB Business Model in Malaysia;
- Continuous support to the Senior RC Manager, CMB in ensuring appropriateness / robustness / effectiveness of framework to monitor regulatory compliance developments impacting CMB in Malaysia;
- Support Senior RC Manager, CMB in the implementation of actions to address, manage and mitigate impacts of regulatory changes on CMB in Malaysia;
- Support the implementation of global standards, strategic policies, compliance-related projects / programmes which ensure CMB's exposure to current risks and emerging arising risk is managed and mitigated appropriately, in a commercially focused and practical manner;
- Support and assists in the effective deployment of the Regulatory Compliance Assurance function e.g. in providing the relevant input;
- Liaison with relevant stakeholder within CMB, GTRF and PCM in Malaysia, other Global Business and Functional teams to provide expertise and support on all Regulatory Compliance related matters:
- • To assist in interaction with Regulators and industry bodies in Malaysia, on Regulatory Compliance matters relating to CMB, GTRF and PCM:
- To assist RC CMB Lead in ensuring the appropriate timely and relevant risk information is provided to CMB management and CMB ORICC;
- To assist in enhancing compliance awareness amongst CMB, GTRF and PCM staff;
- To maintain a strong communication and working relationship within other CMB, GTRF, PCM leaders, other Risk Disciplines, Functions and Global Businesses to ensure implementation of new disciplines;
- Share best practice with group offices, other business lines and other regions;
- To maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with the Compliance functions;
- To assist in the implementation activities for the alignment of the CMB, GTRF and PCM operating practices with changes in Global Regulatory Compliance Standards;
- To resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to the relevant Compliance teammates and management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns;
- To maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators;
- To maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring/recurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Assist senior management in their responsibility for complying with the relevant laws and regulations, including the provision of advice, advising on and signing off new products and initiatives and reviewing relevant marketing materials;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date compliance requirements for the businesses;
- Manage reputational risk of HSBC Bank / HSBC Amanah;
- To carry out Compliance Risk Assessment of the business on a regular basis and undertake compliance monitoring reviews to assess compliance with regulatory rules and internal compliance standards in accordance with the annual plan
- Responsible for the control framework to protect HSBC Bank / HSBC Amanah against money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Conduct compliance training to HSBC Bank/HSBC Amanah employees, businesses and functions;
- Carry out all related accountabilities required under the Compliance Officer Handbook;
- Contribute to good corporate governance and containment of regulatory risk of HSBC Bank/HSBC Amanah by ensuring HSBC Bank/HSBC Amanah's compliance with the Companies Act and other relevant legislation;
- To work closely with the businesses' and/or Shariah Compliance Officer on all new initiatives and products.
- Degree in Law/Compliance/Audit;
- Minimum of 5 years of Banking work experience in the compliance and/or Audit functions;
- Experience in a regulatory set-up with compliance or audit background would be advantageous;
- Good understanding of the various laws and regulations, guidelines and regulators' requirements;
- Familiar with the relevant internal rules, procedures, systems and guidelines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a pre-requisite;
- Proactive, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all level of employees and external parties;
- Ability to objectively analyse information and exercise good judgment in supporting the assurance planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of assurance and audit activities.