Regulatory Compliance Manager, GB & SS
- + Attractive Benefits
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters - Malaysia
- 13 Oct 17 2017-10-13
An exciting Regulatory Compliance Manager, GB & SS role has just arisen at a globally established financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of the Global Banking & Securities Services unit, this is a role for a compliance/legal professional seeking regional and global exposure.
About the Regulatory Compliance Manager, GB & SS Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to provide support to the senior manager of Global Banking (GB) & Securities Services (SS) in the containment of compliance risks within the division, which includes ensuring that a proactive approach is taken for the identification of regulatory compliance risk change and potential impacts on the division in the country.
- Ensure appropriateness, robustness and effectiveness of the framework to monitor regulatory compliance developments impacting the Global Banking & Securities Services division and also assist the implementation of actions to address, manage and mitigate impacts of regulatory changes for the division
- Support the implementation of global standards, strategic policies, compliance-related projects / programmes that ensure that the firm's exposure to current risks and emerging arising risks are managed and mitigated appropriately in a commercially focused and practical manner
- Support and assist in the effective deployment of the regulatory compliance assurance function i.e. in providing the relevant input
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders within the local division, other global business and functional teams to provide expertise and support on all regulatory compliance-related matters
- Resolve any / all identified issues promptly and escalate concerns to the relevant compliance teammates and management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns
- Maintain and observe all control standards, and implement and observe the group compliance policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal / external auditors and external regulators
- Carry out the compliance risk assessment of the business on a regular basis and undertake compliance monitoring reviews to assess compliance with regulatory rules and internal compliance standards in accordance with the annual plan
To succeed in the Regulatory Compliance Manager, GB & SS role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders too.
- Degree in Law / Compliance / Audit with a minimum of five years' banking experience in the compliance and / or audit functions
- Experience in a regulatory set-up with a compliance or audit background will be advantageous
- Good understanding of the various laws and regulations, guidelines and regulators' requirements
- Familiar with the relevant internal rules, procedures, systems and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a pre-requisite
- Proactive, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills
- Ability to objectively analyse information and exercise good judgement in supporting the assurance planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of assurance and audit activities
This globally established financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate environment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regulatory Compliance Manager, GB & SS role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125