Senior Actuarial Professional
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
JOB SCOPE:(role purpose)
The incumbent is responsible to assist the Actuarial Manager / Senior Manager to provide support in relation to the implementation of the new reporting standard, MFRS / IFRS 17.
Actuarial knowledge and skills are necessary.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (key accountabilities)
1. Perform Prophet modeling and Data Conversion System (DCS) changes to incorporate MFRS / IFRS 17 requirements, including ensuring all required procedures and documentation are completed whenever any revisions are made.
2. Compile results and provide supporting analyses. Ensure proper documentation of work.
3. Provide support for IT system testing readiness.
4. Provision of general actuarial support to other departments as necessary. Provide guidance, training and general supervision to Actuarial Professionals if required.
5. Recommend solutions to improve governance, quality and transparency of processes and reports. JOB SPECIFICATION:
- Degree in Actuarial Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics or other physical sciences or numerate discipline
- Actively pursuing professional actuarial examinations
- Experience: A numerate and analytical mind.
- Proficiency with programming tools (e.g. Visual Basic)
- Practical knowledge in Prophet (preferred) or other projection software would be preferred but training will be provided otherwise
- Must be meticulous with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under minimum supervision