Senior Analyst-Cyber Threat Response
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 19 Apr 19
Senior Analyst-Cyber Threat Response
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Need to support 24*7 shifts.
- Extensive Hands-on experience in working with Security Operation Centre.
- Much Exposure on handling security incident analysis and response.
- 6 to 9 years of experience in Information security preferably in Banking and Financial services sector.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Monitor,detect & respond any potential security threats and risks to the organisation, using the available technology toolset.
- Correlate and consolidate the alerts, reports, anomalies and other intelligence sources, providing a context of the threat/risk and determine the relevant and prioritised response.
- Continuously improve the accuracy and relevance of our detection tools and capabilities, with the changing environment and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Adhere to the defined security monitoring processes and procedures, and initiate improvements to them driving maturity and relevance.
- Track and report the remediation of the threats and risks, and provide domain expertise in remediating with the appropriate support.
- Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Operate within established standard operating procedure to handle security incidents.
- Research trends and countermeasures in computer/network vulnerabilities, exploits, and malicious activity.
- Support the senior incident handlers on cyber security incident response
- Perform root cause analysis and present findings to relevant stakeholders for remediation.
- Work closely with the other teams to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving our security posture
- Provide after hours rotational coverage
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to communicate, produce documents and presentations
- Experience in writing reports for senior stakeholders
- Business Skills:
- 6 to 9 years of experience in Information security preferably in Banking and Financial services sector
- 5+ years hands-on experience on security incident analysis and response
- Self motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team
- Required to work 24x7 shifts, on a rotational basis.
- Security Skills:
- Sound knowledge of current threat landscape including common attack types, malware capabilities and recent well publicized security incidents
- Experience in security investigation.
- Experience with security technologies including IDS/IPS, Firewalls & Log Analysis
- Knowledge of information security principles
- Knowledge of Enterprise Security Defence Methodologies
- Working experience with SIEM
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Industry recognised certification (GIAC, CEH, CISSP) would be a plus.
- Technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
- A sound grasp of networking concepts
- Good understanding of incident/problem/change management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.