Senior Analyst, Fund Accounting - Private Capital Services
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services, Malaysia is a center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones.
RBC I&TS's Private Capital Services delivers specialist corporate fund administration, fund accounting, transaction management and shareholder services to Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure Funds and other Private Capital Services Structures. The Senior Analyst, Fund Accounting, PCS Malaysia, is responsible for overseeing accurate and timely fund and GP accounting, NAV production, and fund controller activities, across the range of Private Capital Services structures supported by the business, execution of complex accounting process, control functions, and for supporting the review of the team's work.
Working hours: 4:00pm - 1:00am What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Overseeing accurate and timely execution of agreed processes supporting the fund accounting, NAV production, GP accounting and fund controller functions across a range of Private Capital Services structures, including execution of complex accounting process.
- Review the work of other Fund Accounting administration team members in support of the 'maker checker' process and control functions.
- Ensure all audit and regulatory requirements are clearly satisfied and key service level agreements met as evidenced through the monitoring and controlling the timely and accurate completion of processes.
- Maintaining subject matter expert level understanding and exemplary execution of mandatory escalation processes in accordance with agreed procedures when required. Create and maintain detail and status of any issues/events.
- Act as a first escalation point for oversight team and respond to all queries and in a timely and effective manner and propose solutions for consideration with the agreed governance and change framework
- Build productive relationships with internal departments, and create working relationships as part of the wider Malaysia Client Operations Team and support cross-working and operational improvement initiatives
- Ensure activities and controls are documented in comprehensive procedures and support the governance and control of the team through the application of professional awareness risk mindset
- Adhere to all RBC Investor & Treasury Services Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Experience in fund accounting and / or business administration with a focus on financial services and preferably fund structures.
- Relevant operational knowledge and experience (4+ years).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to use initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and networking abilities with agents and internal departments and ability to work as part of a team to achieve collective goals.
- Good organisation skills, ability to prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional accounting or business administration qualification desirable.
- Fund accounting system knowledge desirable:
- Multifonds or equivalent applications
- Excel and other Microsoft Office applications What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded