Senior Associate - Finance
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
Finance Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
As a member of the PwC Malaysia Finance team, your role is to assist in the following key activities for a number of PwC entities / joint ventures. This is an internal client facing role. Responsibilities:
- Perform daily accounting operations, including posting journal entries, and reconciling between subsidiary and general ledgers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the trial balance and general ledger, including keeping accurate records of fixed assets, account payable, net investment and bank accounts.
- Handle full set of accounts, tax computation and costing.
- Responsible for yearly statutory audit.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and adhoc management reports.
- Prepare monthly and yearly accounts management reports.
- Arrange for billing and receipts of administrative expenses.
- Help to manage working capital and cash flow.
- Ensure adherence to company policies.
- Liaise with auditors / tax agents / bankers / head office / regional offices / global finance teams.
- Provide support as and when needed on ad-hoc assignments.
- Report to Senior Manager, Finance.
- Diploma / Bachelor of accounting or related professional qualifications.
- At least 3 - 5years of working experience.
- Good command of written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for details.
- Good work organisation skills, is self motivated, proactive and willing to work under pressure in an individual or team capacity.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customers and delivery of a quality service is key.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, and preferable Oracle Financials.
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Government Clearance Required? Job Posting End Date