Senior Associate - Indirect Tax
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
VAT/GST Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You'll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Assisting team managers to provide end-to-end SST technical support to clients
- Conduct SST workshops and compliance reviews
- Supervision of day-to-day administration of a client portfolio
- Carry out SST research
- Preparation of SST reports/advices as well as letters to authorities
- Liaising with clients and customs authorities
The PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Share relevant thought leadership
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Additional application instructions
- A recognised degree in Economics, Finance or related subjects or professional accounting qualification
- At least 2 years' track record in Indirect Taxes including SST
- Working experience in SST implementation work would be an added advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite
- Well organized, able to multitask and priorities assignments
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date