Senior Corporate Banking Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Corporate Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential, and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Senior Corporate Banking Manager
. Principal Responsibilities:
- Focus on growing the business sustainably, by identifying opportunities to expand a portfolio and broadening client relationships by leveraging HSBC's extensive network.
- Drive revenue growth through understanding customer needs and by adopting a needs-based approach which engages clients and increases new business.
- Effectively manage work and support resources to increase quality and time of client visits opportunities.
- Collaborate with Group colleagues to deliver appropriate needs-based solutions for customers.
- Build a strong understanding of the client's business and industry to promote insights, enrich client conversations and deliver fair outcomes.
- Deepen understanding of the client through pro-active credit risk assessments and customer due diligence reviews.
- Confidently manage financial crime risk throughout the client lifecycle by identifying, assessing, accepting, monitoring, escalating and mitigating risk.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable operational risk HSBC Standards and policies, reporting any breaches in accordance with local procedures.
- Keep abreast of developments, products and offerings from HSBC, competitors and market changes.
- Ensure prompt escalation or sharing of relevant information relating to the client, so that members of the client coverage team can form and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the risks to HSBC by the client.
- Relationship Management role holders will be required to acquire knowledge of a product area and in some geographies may need to hold specific certificates or need membership of a regulatory body.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in managing commercial relationships with international needs.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services.
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension.
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Knowledge of how Corporate clients operate.
- Knowledge of Trade, GLCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and capabilities.
- Awareness on principles of Islamic Financing (more applicable to position within Amanah Corporate).
- Robust understanding of client planning methodology.
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, ClientVision, HORIS, Global Links and OMNIA.
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM.
- Wide personal connections within the group and outside the group (chambers of commerce and other associations.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting and /or Finance.