Senior Credit Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Senior Credit Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To ensure quality of credit portfolio is maintained within the parameters specified under the Group & Local Credit Policy and support business strategy to ensure healthy asset growth with acceptable risk return appetite.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure quality of Business Credit Applications ("BCAs") meet Group and Local Credit Policy standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving of BCAs falling within own discretion and support of BCAs, which require approval beyond self-credit delegation.
- Monitoring compliance with Credit Policy and business strategy on at least a quarterly basis and reviewing any divergence from risk appetite of Corporate & Institution (C&I) to ensure credit quality standards are achieved.
- Undertake customer visit where necessary to ensure credit standards are maintained.
- Conduct timely self-assessment on compliance within the job scope.
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD.
- Internal Customers - other departments like Product Management, Sales, Transactional Banking, Operations, Credit Risk Control and Legal & Compliance. Interaction with these departments for joint initiatives and key business deliverables.
- External Customers - bank's customers for feedback/complaints, regulators/ group office / auditors for reporting/discussion/ feedback, etc.
- Joint responsibility on loan impairment, delinquency, credit risk cost management performance and risk KPIs.
- New business booking quality and portfolio growth quality.
- Robust new business / portfolio monitoring framework and timely intervention strategy.
- Timely and accurate output / service to support good portfolio growth and optimized risk return decisions.
- Improve efficiency / reduce wastage to reduce TAT.
- Pro-active engagement with business for strategy development and execution / feedback.
- Innovative, cost effective and automated solution / process for risk management initiatives.
- Adherence to Group policy and process through success on audit / CRR / self-assessment.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree in Banking, Finance or equivalent .
- Sound knowledge of local regulations pertaining to corporate credit.
- Strong credit analytical skills and able to undertake perform task independently.
- Sound knowledge of lending parameters & credit life cycle.
- Sound knowledge of corporate products, particularly trade and working capital products.
- Clearance of CSA / CCC / PCC within 6 months of joining and within 2 attempts.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.