Senior Data Engineer - Technology Consulting - Malaysia
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region. The opportunity
You will be working with our high-profile clients across both the government and private sectors, you'll have the opportunity to affect meaningful, impactful change for Malaysia and Malaysians. We're continuing to build a highly efficient team of practitioners - with skills ranging from data architecture, information management, analytics, data science, software engineering, devops, to Agile delivery (and much more) - to shape the future of EY's DnA capability in Malaysia and, with it, to redefine the role that data and analytics will play in solving real problems that effect everyday Malaysians. Your key responsibilities
To qualify for the role you must have
- Work with diverse stakeholders to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques.
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people with access to cutting edge technologies.
- Flexibility to work in the way that brings out the best in you and encourages you to do what you love, in an environment that supports you.
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development, to gain maximum exposure and set you up for a successful consulting career.
- At least 3 years' experience as an ETL developer or Data engineer or Data / Business Analyst within the data and analytics domain
- Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as Informatica, Microsoft SSIS or Talend) or open source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
- Data Migration experience in AWS, Azure, Hadoop, GCP environments
- Experience in development and maintenance of Data processing pipelines
- Experience developing machine learning workflows
- Work closely with business analysts to create data components
Ideally, you'll also have
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Degree in Computer Science or IT or Business Analytics
What we look for
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now