Senior Developer/System Engineer (PLSQL)
About the Role
SWIFT is at the core of the financial services industry transformation and we believe our people make the difference.
We have a powerful BI product portfolio that helps the financial institutions discover new insights into their SWIFT traffic and market trends, and provide a platform for dynamic data analysis to pinpoint the issues and inform decision-making.
Come join us if you are passionate about data and would like to make an impact in the analytics world. What to expect?
• Develops, test and implements complex ETL and database designs.
• Implement complex business logic through Oracle database views.
• Design and implementation of new database schemas for the SWIFT BI product portfolio.
• Query Optimization and tuning of existing oracle database schemas as well as database views.
• Build CI/ CD pipelines and facilitate the automation of build creation, unit testing and deployment
• Participate in Proof of Concept (feasibility studies) of new functionality of SWIFT's BI products.
• Support large enterprise initiatives and help resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure. What will make you successful?
• Minimum 3 years' of experience with extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL development
• Superior troubleshooting skills, battle-tested in high-volume production environments.
• Hands on experience with performance tuning.
• Hands-on experience working with Oracle 11g, 12c or 19c with some exposure to database administrative (pertaining to optimisation, performance tuning and granular access control)
• Deep understanding of DevOps tools and Agile methods
• Experience in Jenkins, Git and Ansible
• Team player and good communication skills.
• Good understanding of BI/ data warehousing concepts and ability to articulate to technical and non-technical audiences. Knowledge and experience in the following areas will be an advantage:
• Experience in UNIX scripting
• Experience in utPLSQL
• Knowledge of versioning tools like GIT, ClearCase, or SV
• Experience with agile methodology such as SCRUM or KANBAN.
• Experience in Microstrategy solutions.