Senior Development Engineer
About the Role
As a Senior Java Developer, your main focus lies in the Java application development of the SDC Portal. You work hand in hand with the other developers of your team to provide the requested functionalities end to end.
The ideal candidate for this position has excellent technical skills combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility. He/She is able to build strong partnerships with internal customers and other delivery organizations inside SWIFT.
â€¢ Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
â€¢ Quality is part of everything you do
â€¢ Develop and maintain technical documentation.
â€¢ Design and implement integration and automated tests
â€¢ Assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
â€¢ Prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks
â€¢ Review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
â€¢ Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
â€¢ Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
â€¢ Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
â€¢ Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
â€¢ Provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in KL.
â€¢ Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
â€¢ Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
â€¢ Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
â€¢ Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training. Responsabilities
• Minimum 6 years of IT development experience in a (preferably) international setting.
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Some Java development knowledge: Core and Web Java, Spring Framework, JPA, Junit, Tomcat, Eclipse
• Collaborate with UX designers and other engineers to innovate and implement the components of the design system.
• Build the design system code in Angular 2 and above
• TypeScript is a plus
• Strong knowledge of web-service related technologies: XML, Ajax, JSON, RESTFul web-services
• Strong application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
• Experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: GIT/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
Professional Skills Requirements:
• Creativity and innovation
• Adaptability and responsiveness to change
• Take accountability for delivering results
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Time management, planning and organizing
• Ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
• Quality oriented
• Engaged and team oriented
• Open communication Qualifications What we offer Company & department description
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide
Together with the team, you will have the ability to participate in the development of one of the fastest growing offerings in the history of SWIFT. You will receive the necessary support from your manager based in Kuala Lumpur to ensure your success.