Senior FCC Manager, Wholesale Advisory
Some careers grow faster than others.
The Senior FCC Manager, Wholesale Advisory
a key strategic risk management leadership role that has a broad remit and responsibilities for providing oversight and management, of all aspects of Financial Crime Risk including impact analysis of regulatory changes, and driving coordination and execution of the various Financial Crime Compliance work streams and assurance, while ensuring alignment with Global Standards. The role will cover the Wholesale business under HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad, HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad, and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Labuan Offshore Unit, HSBC Trustee (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and HSBC Corporate Advisory (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
The role requires strong partnership with the Wholesale business FCC team and Regional FCC teams, acting in concert with them to drive the implementation of policy arising out of Global Standards Committee as it applies to Wholesale. It will monitor and tack the regional progress of various work streams and initiatives underway which fall under the umbrella of Financial Crime Risk and Global Standards, provide policy advice related to Wholesale products, services and clients, and ensure that the Financial Crime Compliance function is resourced adequately to address the risks associated with Malaysia Wholesale business.
The role will also need to stay at the forefront of key regulatory changes to ensure proactive communication with business and develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes, particularly extra territorial changes. It will be the Wholesale go-to person after the Head of FCC Wholesale Advisory for both Global Standards and Wholesale workstream leads to ensure processes are coordinated and implementation risks and issues are considered and addressed.
The role is a critical forward looking leadership role and requires strong partnership with business to drive and accelerate the execution of Financial Crime Compliance programmes that directly impact business performance.
This role is accountable for the implementation of Financial Crime Risk Compliance policies in to the business and as such it will require close collaboration with various Risk and Wholesale Business functions. Principal Responsibilities:
- Leadership to ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of financial crime risk change and potential impacts on Wholesale Business Model in region
- Development and continuous review for appropriateness of framework to monitor financial crime developments impacting on Wholesale in region
- Lead / liaise with relevant regional stakeholders within Malaysia , other Global Business and Functional teams to provide Wholesale expertise on all FCC matters
- Interact with regulators and industry bodies on Wholesale Financial Crime related matters,
- Strong communication and working relationship within Malaysia Wholesale , Regional Wholesale , other Risk Disciplines, Functions and Global Businesses to ensure implementation of new disciplines.
- Lead, motivate and develop an effective Regional team through communication, cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand and improves employee engagement.
- Focus on aligning the Wholesale operating practices with changes in Global Financial Crime Standards and regulatory risk, and ensure that Wholesale Financial Crime Compliance Framework remains appropriate.
- Ensure all GSM, FIMs, BIMs and dispensations, etc. are updated for changes in Regulation and impacts on business.
- Leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Significant experience in Risk and Operations Management together with business management, preferably from a frontline role in Commercial Banking.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business within Malaysia .