Senior Fund Accountant, Private Capital Services
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services, Malaysia is a center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. RBC I&TS's Private Capital Services delivers specialist corporate fund administration, fund accounting, transaction management and shareholder services to Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure Funds and other Private Capital Services Structures.
The Senior Accountant, PCS Malaysia, is responsible for accurate and timely fund and GP accounting, NAV production, and fund controller activities, across the range of Private Capital Services structures supported by the business, and for supporting the cross-review of the team's work.
supporting region : Luxembourg ( 4pm to 1am ) What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Accurate and timely execution of agreed processes supporting the fund accounting, NAV production and GP accounting functions across a range of Private Capital Services structures, including validation of manual entries, collation of accounting working papers, and presentation metrics and control data
- Fund Controller activities including validating the financial reports of investment entities holding Real Estate and Private Equity on behalf of client funds
- Ensure tolerance checks are complete and any outstanding items are investigated and cleared and that all related audit and regulatory requirements are clearly satisfied including the requirements of service level agreements
- Respond to all queries and in a timely and effective manner and propose solutions for consideration with the agreed governance and change framework
- Build productive relationships with internal departments, and create working relationships as part of the wider Malaysia Client Operations Team and support cross-working and operational improvement initiatives
- Ensure activities and controls are documented in comprehensive procedures and support the governance and control of the team through the application of professional awareness risk mindset
- Adhere to all RBC Investor & Treasury Services Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Experience in fund accounting and / or financial reporting and / or business administration with a focus on financial services and preferably fund structures.
- Relevant operational knowledge and experience (2+ years).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to use initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and networking abilities with agents and internal departments and ability to work as part of a team to achieve collective goals.
- Good organisation skills, ability to prioritise workloads to meet tight deadlines.
- Accounting or business administration qualification desirable.
- Fund accounting system knowledge desirable:
- Multifonds or equivalent applications
- Excel and other Microsoft Office applications What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded