Senior Information Security Specialist, Remediation Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank (SC) operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services" .
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SC operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SC, new security capabilities and roles are being created to support the establishment and transformation of a centralised enterprise vulnerability remediation capability. This requires senior experienced personnel to ensure that the required capabilities are implemented and managed to ensure SC remediates vulnerabilities to SC technology assets and critical systems on a timely basis
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Oversee Remediation Activities such as management of tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed upon action plans and timelines with stakeholders within the Bank and where required third parties providing services to the Bank
- Provide remediation support as part of the Bank's response to critical vulnerabilities and material security incidents
- Validate remediation by reviewing vulnerability results and providing status updates
- Analyze vulnerabilities and engage with the Technology teams and Business units to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
- Consolidate remediation progress on application and infrastructure vulnerabilities into one risk focused view to helpguide senior management risk and remediation decisions.
- Manage and influence stakeholders in understanding risk exposure, remediation prioritisation and importance from vulnerabilities the Bank could be exposed to
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Between 6 - 8 years of in-depth, hands-on working knowledge in security assurance and Operational experience in a global environment.
- Experience in working with cross-border teams, preferably in the Financial Services industry.
- Fundamental skills of Task prioritization, Time management, Customer focus.
- Detailed oriented, Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent oral/written communication skills for articulating thoughts clearly with stakeholders ranging from engineers to senior business management
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .