Senior Manager, IT Resilience
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- IT power's Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative, secure and efficient IT solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we will improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
Responsible for the continuity planning for IT Services required to facilitate business continuity and pandemic plans
- Ensure support teams remain resilient during a BCP event by ensuring secondary locations has adequate resources, capacity and capability
- Perform annual hub down tests for all domains and locations in scope
Facilitate the delivery of updated resilience plans to support disaster, pandemic and business continuity requirements
People and Talent
- Ensuring the alignment/governance of the Resilience agenda within IT [Technology Services] and the Group
- Perform technology Resilience assessments; resilient design, operational and service management processes; technical architecture, data resilience and testing activities
- Maintain oversight of top Resilience threats and risks
- Identify and mitigate business and system disruption risks that could lead to before they occur
- Prepare for and respond to disruptive events (realized risks) in a manner that demonstrates command and control of incident response and crises, coordination and service continuity. Disruptive events may be specific to the groups top/ principle risks which include Major Systems Failure, Information Cyber Security or Significant Business Interruption i.e. Cyber Security Incidents, Technology/Systems Outage, People or Process Failures.
- Recover and restore mission-critical services and operations within agreed risk tolerance
- Drive business adoption of ICS related treatment plans and associated artefacts to improve risk posture towards risk and recovery
- Lead the Resilience planning team
- Drive the training programme across T&I for roles with resilience responsibilities
- Develop resilience risk management framework
- Contribute to the development of a management approach to identifying, planning and managing IT resilience risks [MSF & ICS].
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Primary governance for the Technology's Response and Recovery capabilities
- Ensure the development of appropriate resilience and continuity plans for Cyber Security & Major Systems failure against top threats and vulnerabilities
- Complete Ongoing Assessment & Governance of resilience & recovery capabilities driving availability objectives for IT against Business expectations
- Support the development of ongoing Resilience Test & Exercise Programme and
- Govern IT's performance and ensure results are assessed, appropriate actions raised and actions managed to conclusion
- Ongoing maintenance and development of the IT Resilience Framework
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Deliver approach to horizon scanning for IT and operational resilience management across regulatory landscape
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group Resilience,
- T&I Leadership Team,
- Third Party Risk Management
- Process Strategy & Design lead
- Process Change Management Lead
- Process Analytics Lead
- Continual Service Improvement Lead
- Governance & Assurance Lead
- Risk & Control Lead
Our Ideal Candidate
- Report directly to the Head IT Resilience developing facilitation standards for Technology invocation and IT crisis response globally.
- Act as the primary point of contact to the Group Resilience team to ensure all IT Resilience Planning is in line with Group expectations
The successful candidate should have 8-10 years of experience in IT Service Continuity Mgmt, Technology Risk Management, Business Continuity or other related roles.
The preferred candidate will have experience in Financial Services or other heavily regulated industries (e.g. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, etc.). Clear, Concise and Articulate communication of complex and conceptual topics is required for success.
In addition, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Significant experience in the field of IT Resilience, Disaster Recovery and Information Security Risk.
- Strong understanding of applicable Resilience Risks and BCM regulatory requirements in financial services sector.
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with partners across Group
- Financial Services experience preferred but not essential.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure (Platform, Database, DC, Storage, Middleware & Web).
- Very good understanding and working knowledge of ITIL.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbally.
- Self starter, able to self manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others.
- Possess negotiation, communication, facilitation, efficient decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. - A strong & assertive communicator in speaking & writing.
- Expert understanding of banking technologies and infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of working with Tier 1 providers of service continuity and disaster recovery services
- Demonstrable and deep experience of coordinating resources across multiple locations
- Expert understanding of appropriate legal, industry standards and good practices for service continuity
- Expert in the NIST framework, ITIL IT Service & Continuity Management process
- CISA certified
- Strong senior stakeholder communication and influencing skills
- CISA certified
- Lead Auditor ISO 22301
- IT DR Qualifications
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .