Senior Manager, Institutional Sales
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Senior Manager, Institutional Sales
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 70 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Institutional Sales to join the team in Kuala Lumpur, reporting to the Country Head of Malaysia. This role has sales and marketing responsibility for the institutional accounts in Malaysia. The incumbent will be expected to initiate activities that are in line with corporate and team goals covering sales, assets, expenses, product diversification, etc. This role will also have to actively contribute to further institutional brand awareness and capabilities in Malaysia through education, marketing and client activities. Lastly, this role will be expected to capture and manage important client information by leveraging technology.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Sales & Marketing responsibility for institutional/separate accounts in Malaysia market. Actively engage with institutional clients to seek direct or sub-advisory mandates working towards increasing of AUM and market share for Franklin in Malaysia
- Develop and/or strengthen existing relationships with prospects and institutional clients in Malaysia to maintain high retention rates and explore new business opportunities
- Act as a day-to-day client contact for any issues on account management, portfolio administration, performance, reporting, communication, etc
- Prepare client review reports and respond to any ad-hoc queries on a timely basis
- Liaise with the firm's investment management, marketing support, portfolio administration, performance and risk analytics units in overseas offices
- Attend sales presentations, marketing meetings and client reviews if and when necessary
- Maintain a database of sales and marketing activities and monitor any follow up items
- Handle client servicing queries/issues from clients
- Liaise/work together with the Client Account Manager on certain client servicing issues/matters relating to the Institutional clients.
- Prepare and update sales presentations, marketing brochures and regular communication materials
- Respond to RFPs, information requests and industry surveys from clients, prospects and consultants
- Collaborate with internal colleagues in particular the marketing team for marketing
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a finance related discipline
- CFA certification or equivalent is highly preferred
- 7 to 10 years working experience in private or public sector in sales, marketing roles or investment management within a fund management firm, preferably involved in institutional business development activities
- Good working knowledge and understanding of institutional investment market and industry practice, financial and investment concepts, performance and risk analytics and institutional investment strategies and products
- Experience in effectively communicating and driving change initiatives and gaining cooperation and support from stakeholders
- Experience in facilitating, coordinating, and managing the protocols of group meetings with internal and external parties
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office's applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to deliver strong sales presentations
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and energetic team player
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to maintain a professional image
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to identify challenges and initiate solutions and actions
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.