Senior Manager Team Leader Business Development GTRF
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 May 18 2018-05-19
Senior Manager Team Leader Business Development GTRF
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Trade and Receivables Finance is committed to helping companies of all sizes from every part of the world grow their business across borders. Offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking supply chain and traditional trade solutions, the business has been repeatedly recognised by the industry's most prominent publications and associations with numerous awards for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Senior Manager Team Leader Business Development.
The role is responsible for structuring complex deals across the whole range of Global Trade & Receivables Finance's (GTRF) solutions. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke open account solutions, and ensuring a high quality customer experience. The role holder will build out a team of structuring specialists in the different regions, to ensure a consistent operating model in support of our front-line BDMs.
- Establishing new client relationships and strengthening existing ones by maximizing revenue growth through business development
- Deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets and maximise the financial contribution of the Trade & Receivables Finance (RF) business
- Communicate new products and propositions to clients
- Identify potential opportunities in the local market and escalate these where appropriate to cater for client demand
- Support management to deliver a high quality business development culture within the team to deliver superior client solutions
- Position HSBC as the key Trade & RF provider for top end GBM and CMB through establishing extensive, positive client relationships
- Support the implementation the new channel strategy to increase penetration of new target markets, encouraging eChannel use among clients
- Ensure consistency in client treatment and alignment to processes as defined by the Country and Regional heads
- Develops effective strategies for winning new clients in order to generate new income of the group
- Identify new sales opportunities in the form of new to bank or new to GTRF alongside Relationship Managers
- Work closely with sales colleagues to promote awareness of GTRF products, strategies and competitor information amongst the RM, Credit and other strategic business areas
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment: understand audit, tax and legal implications and changes as they affect the customers and the Bank and guide team members and customers on such issues as and when they crop up
- Managing growth and development of Sales managers through effective mentoring and coaching of team members
- Extensive knowledge of global trade finance, services, products and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Detailed knowledge of GTRF back and front office area
- Detailed knowledge if Credit & Risk including techniques to mitigate risk
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group companies and product ranges
- Sales & Client Management experience at a senior level including dealing with senior executives plus a proven sales record
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- GTRF related industry qualifications