Senior Technology Solution Architect
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Within HSBC Digital Business Services is a business-aligned, customer-servicing organization with the primary objective of driving operational excellence across our businesses worldwide. Achieving this through the consolidation, simplification and continuous improvement of processes across the full range of HSBC operations, the division simultaneously takes responsibility for managing operational, location and processing risk and ensuring that services provided are at a best-in-class price point for the required quality level.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Technology team in the role of Senior Technology Solution Architect. Principal Responsibilities:
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Design scalable, secure and resilient integrations solutions utilizing both traditional and cloud technologies (private/hybrid/public).
- Provide end-to-end ownership of solutions delivered to meet requirements, delivering the platform architecture required to realize both functional and non-functional capabilities.
- Ability to create clear, concise proposals for solutions and brokering agreement across multiple stakeholders. Strong experience of working with stakeholders across multiple disciplines; business analysts, product owners, testing teams and wider business and technical stakeholders.
- Performance driven nature and excellent problem-solving capability with the ability to understand and further explain complex technical concepts.
- Collaborative approach to solving problems and sharing knowledge.
- Prior experience of working in financial institutions is preferred.
- Experience in an enterprise environment including an understanding of traditional processes and procedures and how they may impact a digital transformation.
- At least 5 years' experience in Architecture in Financial Services domain and technology
- Gaining insight into industry developments and trends and identifying opportunities for innovation and leveraging new technology
- Previous working experience within an IT Solutions Analysis or IT Solutions Architecture environment.
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication skills (both written and oral).
- Able to interact appropriately with other IT teams and business users of various technical skill levels.
- Strong analytical skills. Refining and elaborating business needs and requirements into functional IT requirements
- Ability to work with multiple teams both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to adapt, learn and understand new technologies quickly.
- Experience of Agile engineering practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) is desirable
- Expertise/competency in cloud, mobile, digital, core banking, micro services and architecture platforms is desirable.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or IT related disciplines
- With at least 15 years of working experience, gained from sizable companies is preferred.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.