Senior Vendor Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Senior Vendor Manager
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Senior Vendor Manager, Transaction Banking
The Senior Vendor Manager leads team of Vendor Management Teams (VMT) in Malaysia hub to market supply chain finance solutions to Suppliers of our Buyer clients.
The VMT's primary purpose is to market Vendor Prepay, aka Payables Finance programs and enroll suppliers nominated by our Buyer clients. VMTs are expected to perform supplier analysis, define supplier marketing and enrolment strategy specific to each program. VMTs focus on active supplier calling to maximize supplier program sign up ratio. VMTs deploy different marketing techniques tailor made to each program to facilitate interest and program utilization.
Core value proposition of Senior Vendor Manager:
- Lead the team to effectively market SCF proposition to suppliers.
- Promptly enrol ASEAN suppliers in a quick and easy manner.
- Grow the supplier side business by monitoring and driving up VPP program utilization.
- Support RFPs, cross sell initiatives and the overall business growth agenda.
- Leverage digital tools, i.e. Online supplier enrolment portal or VPP Mobile App to enhance supplier experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the team and assume responsibility for Vendor Prepay (VPP) Program marketing and enrolment of suppliers in ASEAN , Australia and New Zealand under VPP programs.
- On-going management for VPP programs, e.g. vendor program exit, profile update, periodic review of vendor if required, monitor and drive up program utilization etc.
- Partner with Relationship or Sales Managers in and out of VPP supplier markets to deepen supply chain finance wallet share with clients at global level.
- Work closely with RM, Sales and Implementation Managers to ensure good supplier uptake, smooth first draw down and program launch.
- Support VPP related RFP and responses in partnership with RM/Sales in ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand markets.
- Support digital agenda and innovation to streamline supplier enrolment processes and improve efficiency.
- Refer enrolled suppliers to other business segments for cross sell and client conversion.
- Ensure Malaysia hub complies with VMT business processes, policies and control.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Track record of managerial experience and ability to train and develop the team.
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and knowledge to articulate VPP program benefits.
- Ability to negotiate legal agreements supporting supply chain finance solutions.
- Supply Chain Financing, Cash and FX competence.
- Ability to engage RM, Sales & Implementation Manager to ensure bank delivers its commitment.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Language skill - fluent in English, and at least one ASEAN local language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in banking or other relevant financing/credit/sales roles
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now.