Software Engineer - JAVA
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer who excels at creating an exceptional user experience to join our On-Premises tribe at SWIFT, the tribe developing on-premises server applications that connect businesses to financial networks.
Based in Belgium, you will be working as a member of a dynamic team that is responsible for end-to-end delivery - from customer engagement to operations.
As a driving force of technological change, our On-Premises tribe operates in a truly Agile way. You will have a unique opportunity to expand your reach in term of knowledge and network, and to build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform. Responsabilities
Qualifications Professional skills & competencies
- You will design, develop, test (including automated integration and regression) and integrate new features, components and improvements to compliance products.
- You will use a range of proven technologies (Java, Linux, Elasticsearch, Docker) to bring true value to our customers.
- You will have the opportunity to be and develop yourself and others as full-stack engineers covering software architecture, development, quality assurance, security, operations and IT infrastructure aspects
- You will work in a truly international environment with main hubs across 3 continents
- Autonomous, driven, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset - we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player - gaining energy through collaboration with others.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). Technical skills & knowledge
- Experienced full-stack / backend engineer:
- Expertise with Java 8 Programming language and frameworks (e.g. Spring, JEE).
- Experience in Datastore including data modelling.
- Knowledge of Linux OS.
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (e.g. Docker, Jenkins, Ansible) is a plus.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch is a plus. What we offer
We put you in control of your career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself Company & department description
SWIFT does not stand still. We are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now.
SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value - every instant of every day, in almost every country.
We are proud that what we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. So, what you do at SWIFT has real impact too - an impact that matters every day. Which is why you matter to us.
Joining SWIFT gives you unparalleled exposure to knowledge, expertise and technologies. If you have what it takes, you'll be able to take on different career paths and have the opportunity to work in teams, departments and disciplines in countries around the world.
SWIFT is unique. There is no other organisation like ours in the world driving the long-term future of the financial ecosystem. You'll be surrounded by bright, customer-focused and intellectually curious people in a collaborative, friendly, open and inclusive environment.
At SWIFT we are trusted every instant. Everything we do has an impact that matters. And as a member of our team, you are trusted to make your impact every day.