Source Information Specialist
Source Information Specialist - Axxis
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Are you an analytical thinker with a high level of attention to detail? Do you enjoy problem solving and data research?
We're looking for a Source Information Specialist, within the Axxis Software Division to:
- Process and Transform Data from data sources into internal databases and containers
- Analyze Source Data and create specification documentation for new data capture routines and capture routine fixes
- Contact Fuel Suppliers, distributors, and customer base when quality control questions arise
- Perform data accuracy audits on a scheduled basis, and run quality control processes to correct and eliminate incorrect or invalid data mapping
- Provide exceptional customer support when communicating and assisting customers, ensuring high quality standards are maintained for all customer interactions and issue resolutions
You will be working in the Axxis Software Customer Support Team in various locations of The United States. The team of 6 direct colleagues and many secondary colleagues support our technology that allows suppliers, resellers and marketers of refined petroleum products to automate the information gathering, buying, contract management, selling, ordering, inventory, allocations, dispatching, billing and reconciliation processes. As a proven industry leader, Axxis has been providing the foremost information technology software solutions to the downstream petroleum and renewable industries since 1991. Axxis integrated software solutions are used in hundreds of supplier, marketer and jobber locations, helping them save time, increase efficiency through automation, reduce costs and ultimately improve their bottom line. Additionally, as a trusted advisor to the refined petroleum and bio-energy industries, Axxis provides a full range of technical and consulting professional services to help our customers better automate, integrate and utilize technology.
- A bachelor's degree, Mathematics degrees are a strong fit for this role
- Prior experience with data management
- Fluency in English, with other languages desirable based on our global customer base
- Knowledge in data visualization/analytics tools such as Power BI and a fluency in all MS Office applications, with Excel expertise a priority. Proficiency in SQL Server Management Studio is a plus, but not required.
- Strong in English communications skills, both written and oral
- Organized with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers, while also completing projects independently
- Strong with data analytics, able to transform and analyze data to find insights and to create solutions to improving data quality
- Driven by the desire to help others succeed, delivering the highest levels of customer service and professionalism
- U.S. shift allowance (600 MYR per month)
- Multinational exposure
- Flexible Benefits Claims
Malaysia Time: 12:30am - 9:00am / 10:30am - 7:00pm Central Time (UTC -5) Winter Season
Malaysia Time: 11:30pm - 8:00am / 10:30am - 7:00pm Central Time (UTC -5) Summer Season
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.