Sr. Manager Corporate Communications
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
To develop and implement a strategic communications plan for Standard Chartered’s Global Business Services (GBS) function. While focused on Standard Chartered’s Global Business Services centres in Malaysia, the role will have global scope. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering relevant and impactful internal and external communications with creative flair to support GBS business transformation objectives and reinforce the Group’s brand promise, values and culture.
• Develop internal and external communications plans and tactical campaigns which support the objectives of GBS and the Bank.
• Day-to-day execution of plans to provide relevant and engaging content to staff, ensuring consistency with the Bank’s global communications and branding standards while ensuring alignment of messages with other Group-wide internal communications initiatives.
• Support GBS leaders with their executive communications to internal and external audiences, including videos, townhalls, blogs, infographics, teleconferences/videoconferences, media interviews, conferences, etc.
• Manage communications around organisational change within GBS in alignment with the Bank’s HR standards and governance.
• Improve the employee experience through disciplined co-ordination of activity with other teams, ensuring the appropriate volume and frequency of communications reaching staff.
• Ensure GBS Malaysia is properly represented in global GBS communications and promoted across the Bank, in global internal communications channels.
• Monitor the quality and impact of internal communications activities to optimise the mix of channels and content through participation in joint stakeholder research, tracking of metrics and internal feedback, benchmarking and standardised reporting.
• Collaborate with the ITO communications team, continually developing the internal communications and external practice in the Group, fostering collaboration and supporting the Corporate Affairs agenda.
• Split between internal communications and external communications – 80:20.
• Minimum 6-7 years of experience in corporate communications roles, inhouse or at agencies.
• A passion for innovation and progress, with a thorough knowledge of latest digital communications best practices and trends.
• Experience in using and developing content for digital / social platforms – Jive, Yammer, Campaigner, Newsweaver, etc.
• Skills in initiating feedback and research to develop content.
• Established network of media contacts and proven ability to develop, pitch for and place media stories.
• Experience with initiating communications campaign reviews, including feedback, surveys and research.
• Resourceful, self-starter with an ability to execute tactically to a high quality
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Exceptional spoken and written English capabilities, with a passion for storytelling.
• Strong emphasis on multi-tasking and ability to prioritise workload.
• Experience of internal communications in financial services and/or technology in a complex, global and multicultural organisation is advantageous.
• A good fit with Standard Chartered’s culture and values.