- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth
creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise -
here for good. See our Brand and Values
1. Assist manager in consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgments.
2. Assist the Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
3. Assist in Managing the operational risk of the team to avoid operational/ reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
4. Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team/individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
5. Verify transactions processed by Associates and release those that fall within own delegated release authority.
6. Assist the team management in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
7. Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
8. Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
9. Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
10. Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
11. Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
12. Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
13. Comply with Group/ Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures
14. Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions including transactions having Red-Flag alerts to AML approvers.
To promote the culture and practice of compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
To have good judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures on AML. To have personal authority and integrity, independence and resilience while handling such transactions.
15. Wherever complexity exists in the transaction, conduct review to ascertain whether the transaction has any Money Laundering aspects and escalate to AML advisors.
Proposition 1 - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where
everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed
in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...
Proposition 2 - Rewarding good performance
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values
and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you
looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
Proposition 3 - Career development
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and
varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply
Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.