Test Automation Developer
About the Role
In line with testing standards/procedures and under instructions and controls of a senior engineer, to undertake acceptance testing activities of limited complexity related to hardware and software components of SWIFT networks ensuring product quality. Responsabilities
The Professional Services team has to deliver highly complex tailor-made solution for our Customers. This requires very advanced configuration and deployment of our products and services portfolio such as our flagship AMH-based solutions.
Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) is a flexible, multi-network, high-volume financial messaging software that is targeted at large financial institutions with particularly intricate integration requirements. AMH is perfectly suited for banks that are looking for a highly available, customisable and scalable platform that meets their operational requirements while being cost effective at the same time.
The AMH technology is modular and can handle in parallel, financial transaction messages for various networks, enabling extensive throughput combined with sophisticated data management. The end result is high straight through processing rates with increased agility and efficiency
With its variety of network adapters, its Business Process Management (BPM) tool, and open standards support, AMH allows routing between different messaging services seamlessly. It is the platform for future development.
AMH can be considered as Development framework that allows advanced technical configuration. These are a mix of workflow design using a BPM tool, transformations using a graphical designer, but as well scripting (Ant / bash), SQL and Java based components.
As a Test Automation Developer, you work in close collaboration with several other teams within SWIFT as well as with the Customer to ensure their requirements have been successfully translated into the solution in term of functionality, performance and security.
Your responsibilities are:
- Analyse the Customer requirements and the functional analysis that is produced by other teams in order to identify defects as early as possible during the project;
- Design the test strategy for the solution;
- Design, prepare, document and maintain a test infrastructure to execute the functional and non-functional tests for the solution;
- Design, implement and maintain automated tests to achieve continuous integration during project execution as well as post-delivery maintenance;
- When full automation cannot be achieved, propose risk-based alternatives that will minimize manual operations as much as possible;
- Report and articulate the findings to the architects, functional analysts, developers and other team members, propose correction actions when applicable.
Education and experience:
- University degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in test automation, software development or any other relevant experience.
What we offer Company & department description
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- Exposure to software development, even if limited. Experience in any following technology is a strong asset:
- Persuasive communicator with strong active listening skills;
- Ability to contribute in a team environment and deliver under pressure;
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills;
- Customer orientation and commitment to quality;
- Following additional skills are an asset:
- Experience with integration middleware and common messaging technologies;
- Knowledge in modern integration techniques and technologies, especially Service Oriented Architectures, application server and Web services;
- Knowledge of SWIFTNet, SWIFT's interface products, and SWIFT's messaging solutions.
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 11.000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success. SWIFT has a unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.