Traded Market Risk Control Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Traded Market Risk Control Manager
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Traded Market Risk Control Manager.
- Performing the market risk control and risk management function within Global Markets and Balance Sheet Management, providing an on the ground presence for liaison with ASP Market Risk Management. Executing independent Market Risk monitoring and reporting requirements to support/control Front Office.
- Provide risk inputs to capital reporting.
- Implementation of risk management policies and procedures across GM including operational risk assessment, mitigation, control and loss reporting related to market risk.
- Promotion of an appropriate control and compliance culture in line with Group objectives with GM business. Monitoring portfolio's from a market risk perspective and identifying/escalating issues/trends to Senior Management and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of market risk positions, all risks are correctly captured in a timely manner in accordance with Group policy. Implementation of market risk practices and appropriate policy for new business and developments. Assist in the preparation New Product Proposals.
- Implementation of changes in risk metrics are effectively reported to stakeholders and senior management;
- Preparation of Market Risk Management Reporting for Risk Management Committee and Senior Management Market Risk forum
- Monitor portfolios from a market risk perspective and identify issues/trends that may result in breaches of mandated market risk limits and/or increased risk to the bank. Ensure that the identified issues are escalated to the correct level of management.
- Ad hoc analysis of various risk exposures and communicate issues to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting with the roll out of new risk systems, including testing of risk exposures.
- Providing support to other key local stakeholders where applicable.
- A professionally qualified post graduate in finance with an engineering/maths degree.
- Relevant work experience around 5 - 10 years of banking experience at executive level with exposure in Global Markets.
- Exposure in credit risk would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, planning, mathematical, problem-solving, communications, financial, technical, interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Possesses a strong commercial acumen.