Transaction Advisory Services - Corporate Restructuring, Associate/Senior Associate
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Our global network of Restructuring Services professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Join this team and you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives - whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business or dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management. The opportunity
As an EY transaction professional, you will help clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
The Restructuring Senior Associate is expected to work on and manage projects while leveraging analytical skills that will enable our clients to develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. As a Senior Associate in RAS you are expected to contribute to the team with your technical and analytical skills and knowledge of restructuring services. Your key responsibilities
As a Restructuring Senior Associate, you'll work on the restructuring engagement by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the Manager / Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute designated restructuring procedures, depending on the size of the engagement. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of related working experience
• Experience of leading independent business reviews and formal corporate insolvencies
• Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
• Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of
• Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills Ideally, you'll also have
• Transactions experience
• Track record of strong performance in restructuring/advisory work either on behalf of creditors or distressed companies.
• Client facing experience from a professional services background What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader/team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.