VP - Level 3 Network Operations
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 20 May 19
VP - Level 3 Network Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To manage Global Operational support of SCB Worldwide Network & Security Infrastructure.
Regional and Global Network Teams, Security Teams, Wider ISO teams, Application/Business Support, External Service Providers.
The responsibilities include the following and applicable on a 24*7 basis with adjustable weekday and weekend hours of work.
- The responsibilities include the following and applicable on a 24*7 basis with adjustable weekday and weekend hours of work.
- Own and drive excellence in Incident / Problem / Change Management of SCB Global Network & Security Infrastructure
- Lead regular Automation efforts to achieve Regulatory compliance for Component & Infrastructure Security Vulnerabilities
- Lead Automation efforts of IM/CM activities by driving scripting of tasks and integrating to Banks presentation layer for Mgmt reporting.
- Experience in leading implementation of vendor supported tools to deploy advanced monitoring of complex health/performance parameters, alerting of issues & build executive Dashboards.
- Lead Incident calls that involve complex multi-component, multi-platform issues together with peer Infra teams like OS Platforms, Middleware, DB and Apps support - taking ownership of resolution
- Ensure end-to-end root cause analysis and trend reporting for production issues is carried out in a way that meets business and technology requirements
- Lead infrastructure upgrade / improvement plan.
- Recommend and manage relevant end-to-end service improvement initiatives to address risk mitigation and service stability.
- Ensure accurate and regularly updated information related to network physical inventory, logical inventory, network diagram, network traffic flow, technical troubleshooting documents and operational process documents.
- Demonstrates continuous effort for identifying problematic area and providing permanent fixes.
- Communicating with clients for providing expert advice.
- Implement project methodologies, process, and tools to execute BAU projects.
- Be a team player and lead creative initiatives to scale up as a team.
- Focus on customer experience - "Delight the Customer"
Our Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate should possess:
- Masters / Graduate degree in a technical discipline with good professional certifications.
- Around 10 to 15 years of in-depth, hands-on working knowledge in Network/Security technology and Operational experience in a global MNC environment - preferably in BFSI industry or in a RIM profile handling large BFSI enterprise customers
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholder expectations
- Excellent oral/written communication skills for articulating thoughts clearly with stakeholders ranging from engineers to senior business management
- Initiate and manage implementation of vendor supported open-source tools environment like Nagios, Cacti by working with vendors and SCB Teams
- Automation Experience (Unix scripting, Web development & SharePoint experience) for regular IM/CM tasks is highly desired
- Industry certifications - Juniper (Preferred) & CCNP Equivalent is a must (CCIE preferred)
- Following Skills are highly desired at deep technical level:
- Security Platforms - Juniper SRX, Netscreen FWs, Cisco ASA FWs, Proxies, VPN Gateways, Wireless products, etc
- Advanced LB experience preferably F5 platform
- Switching / Routing
- IP Services like DNS, DHCP, IPAM, AAA Platforms
- Deep Knowledge of an Ecommerce Datacenter infrastructure with focus on GSLB/ISLB, SSL Offloading, FW Flows/HA/ALG details to lead complex multi-component, multi-platform operational issues
- Experience in working with cross-border teams, preferably in BFSI industry.Fundamental skills of Task prioritization, Time management, Customer focus, Excellent Oral & Written communication
- Fundamental skills of Task prioritization, Time management, Customer focus, Excellent Oral & Written communication
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.