Actuarial (Life Insurance – Advisory) - Assistant Manager
KPMG Malaysia's Actuarial Services comprise three practice areas specializing in life insurance advisory, life insurance audit and general insurance. As part of KPMG's Financial Services team, Actuarial Services works particularly closely with other department including accounting and IT, leveraging actuarial skills in finance, modeling and statistics.
Due to the increasingly sophisticated actuarial knowledge and evolving accounting standards, we are searching for talents who are interested to explore various actuarial practices and join our growing actuarial team.
As an assistant manager, your responsibilities include but not limited to:-
• Provide actuarial technical and business support on advisory projects, such as IFRS 17, US GAAP, Embedded Value, regulatory reports, Economic capital and et cetera.
• Communicate effectively with various stakeholders to provide quality deliverables in a timely manner.
• Assist and support in developing, growing, and maintaining good connection with team members and clients.
• Assist in mentoring and training junior staff.
• Assist in works outside the core areas such as audit and general insurance.
• Minimum Degree / Master Degree in Actuarial Science or related discipline.
• At least 5 years of working experience in life insurance.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English.
• Adequate level of knowledge on life insurance and actuarial.
• Proficiency in actuarial tools such as Microsoft Excel, Fox pro/Prophet/Moses/etc.
• Strong problem solving ability and interpersonal skill.