Analyst - Risk and Controls Group
What is the opportunity?
As Risk Analyst, you will be an integral part of the RBC's Group Risk Management. You will be working with Risk Manager, in executing activities relating to Risk processes, management and testing. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Prepare issue management reporting for senior management, stakeholders and risk/management committees.
- Develop and maintain Issues Management processes while collaborating with other Issues Management functions and other key partners as needed.
- Perform credible challenge over self-identified issues, identifying and escalating non-compliance with approved practices and ensuring the challenge process is well documented.
- Monitor findings for Regulatory Change Management process.
- Demonstrate understanding of operational risk, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards.
- Achieve understanding of Risk Management (Credit, Liquidity, Market, etc.) business processes through review of procedures, process maps, RCSAs, and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the development of test scripts to be used for control testing
- Transaction Testing and Regulatory Reporting Assurance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Law or other related fields.
- At least 1-3 years experience work in a Risk Management role in a Financial Services organization. Fresh Graduates encouraged to apply.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Interest in international banking and strong communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Familiarity with Financial Institution regulatory landscape
- Strong knowledge of issue management lifecycle, issue remediation and validation requirements, risk and control framework, quality assurance reviews, operational risk management and senior management / committee reporting
- Knowledge of financial services products (commercial loans, CRE, construction loans and residential mortgages, etc.)
- Exposure to control design and effectiveness testing
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded