Application Design Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Application Design Lead (Functional Architect) will be a key member of Trade Solutions Engineering team and responsible for the overall application design and mapping business requirements to systems/technical design. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
The Role Responsibilities
Drive Functional Design
Drive Design Thinking
- Deliver functional design including process flow re-engineering
- Produce a detailed functional architecture document to match business requirements and create, maintain and govern Functional architecture design decisions for the Trade Application.
- Collaborate with Technical Architect to produce Technical Architecture/Specifications to cater for custom development and systems integration
- Drive functional design engagement with stakeholders
- Provide functional consultancy support to Build team for Technical Design
Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
- Share best practices and be consultative to team throughout duration of the project
- Provide current best practices and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document
- Participate in training, design, documentation and delivery
- Continuous management of the Trade Application System risks
- Proactively identify issues and actions
- Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
- Awareness of the regulatory world and knowledge of AML, Fraud, Screening, Data Quality needs and ensuring these are catered for in the functional design
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Capability development/mentor of team members
Our Ideal Candidate
- Operations (Group, Regional, Country and Hubs)
- Business - Product/Sales/Segments (Group, Regional, Country)
- Technology - Delivery Teams and Technical Architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- ToGAF certification preferred
- CBAP certification preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Knowledge of modern application architectures (cloud-native on-demand, distributed Microservice, CQRS/Event Sourcing) , enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Agile project methodologies
- Relevant experience of 10+ years
- Banking/Fintech experience mandatory
- Trade Finance domain experience preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.